Monday, May 5, 2014

A Day in the Life of a Middle School Teacher

Guess what?!  A post about something besides Claire!  I know, shocking, right?  I read this hilarious teacher blog called   Love, Teach, Blog  and she challenged her readers to write down the weird stuff we say to our students on a daily basis.

"What did you think was going to happen when you clicked the 'End Test' button?"

"I know you're hungry, but licking the desk is not going to help."

"Please take your feet off of Ethan's homework."

"No, you may not drink soda while using the laptop."

"No, you may not 'just open the can'.  We both know what you're going to do once it's open."

"Please make out in someone else's hallway."

"Unless you have $15 to buy me a new calculator, stop using it as a catapult."

"Catapults were used to throw rocks."

"No, they were never used to throw cats."

"I know because they teach you that kind of stuff in teacher school."

"No, not really."

"Counting down the seconds to the bell will not make time go faster, but it WILL annoy your teacher which WILL make your grade go down."

"I know you're not reading because the book has been upside down for the last 7 minutes.  Also I have ESP."

And people wonder why teachers keep coming back year after year.   It's for the entertainment, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment