Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sleep Stories

If there was ever any doubt that Claire has my genes- just try putting her to sleep.  NOPE!  I have always been a night owl- and my darling daughter takes after me!  

Claire, aka "The Napper" will sleep for 45-60 minutes as long as she is being held.  (putting her down = time to wake up)  Then she eats for about 5 minutes, cries for about 10 minutes while you try to burp her, and goes back to sleep for another nap.  This goes on for anywhere from 8-12 hours, usually starting at 10 p.m. and going through the morning. Yikes!

As tired as I am most of the time, I am so grateful to have this tiny miracle baby in my life.  I wouldn't trade one sleepless night or one poopy diaper for a nap.  Not a single one.  

Claire is really growing fast! Her face has filled out a bit and her little arms and legs aren't quite as skinny as they were.  She is fitting better into her newborn outfits, but still hates being dressed/undressed, no matter how gentle I am.  Claire is learning about communication and will give me her cute little muttering, complaining cry after a bath or a diaper change, just so I know that she is unhappy with the level of service being provided.  She loves looking at lights or windows and she's getting better at making eye contact when you talk to her.  Her favorite thing to do lately is cuddle with me or Nick in the rocking chair and coo at us.  

Sometimes I worry I'm teaching Claire that she can't sleep alone, but everyone says you can't spoil a newborn with too much attention, so we will just enjoy this cuddly phase while it lasts and catch up on sleep in eighteen years!


No comments:

Post a Comment