Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Letter

At one point in my pregnancy I thought I would try to send out Christmas cards/letters after Claire was born.  Yeah.  Right.  It's way more fun to sit on the couch and stare at her all day long.  Can you blame us?

 She is absolutely the cutest thing ever!

 Why is it that everything she does is adorable?

So here's an update on the Denneys for 2013!

Claire had an amazing year!  She spent 9 months chillin' in the mommy sauna before she was born, which was tough for her.  She got to meet her Uncle Kyle and Grandma, as well as a couple of neighbors.  Claire can't wait to meet Grandpa and Aunt Katie as well as her Denney relatives.

 Kyle got her this onesie... so appropriate.

 Claire loves her daddy!  He's so good with her!

She does NOT like bathtime. Here's hoping that changes eventually.

Nick and I had a rollercoaster of a year!
In May I graduated with my master's degree in special education after almost 2 years of work.  It was a relief to finally finish my education.  My family and in-laws came up for the graduation ceremony and we used the opportunity to tell everyone we were pregnant!  





There was one point when they were handing out the doctoral degrees where I thought, "Hm... Dr. Megan Denney..."  Maybe someday, but not now.

After graduation I got an offer from one of my professors to work at his school, so I left Heritage and started working as a case manager for 8th graders at a middle school in Murray.  The commute isn't great, but I love my students and my coworkers!  It's such a positive environment and I feel very supported by my principal and vice-principal.  It was hard to leave Heritage after 8 years, but it was time to move on.

Most of summer and fall was spent preparing for little Claire to arrive.  I don't think anyone can be prepared for having a baby- but we tried.  

Nick has been my rock this year.  He's been a great daddy to Claire, putting together furniture, getting up with her at night and changing messy diapers, not to mention taking care of Claire's mommy.  :)  

We went on vacation to Disneyland in May and had a blast!

 Funny story- we bought this little R2-D2 container of popcorn in Tomorrowland.  There were storm troopers wandering around so I walked up to one and told him I had found the droids he was looking for.  The dude flipped out and pointed his fake gun at poor little R2.  :)  Gotta love the dedication to his character.  :)  Nick caught the whole thing on camera.

 Nick was really excited to see the Ironman display.

Two goofy guys!  :)

Maybe next year we'll make a video like the Christmas Jammies people!  (No... not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment