Monday, January 13, 2014

One Month Portraits

The last six weeks have been heaven!  I'm not ready to go back to work on Thursday!  I keep telling myself that this is the best decision for our family, financially, and that we're leaving Claire with a wonderful babysitter, but it's still torture to think of spending most of my day away from her sweet little self.

Look at this face!  There's so much intelligence behind her eyes!  I can't wait to see more of her personality and watch her experience the world.


Now for the professional pictures!  (Let's be honest, mine aren't going to be winning any awards!)

My friend Jessie offered to take some newborn portraits of Claire, but with Christmas and New Years, it wasn't until Claire's one-month birthday (?) that we could settle on a date.  Jessie was so great with Claire!  She had everything set up and the pictures came out beautifully.  I keep thinking how much fun it will be to look at these when Claire is a few years older and remember her cute baby faces.


First of all- this is Claire's "frowny face"  which she usually makes as soon as you stop holding her.  Little princess loves her snuggles!

Tiny baby feet!  Maybe she'll be a dancer like Mommy someday.

Claire Rule #4- Hands must ALWAYS be near the face.  Swaddling?  What's swaddling?

Another example of Rule #4, but this time it looks like she's a little flamenco dancer!  Ole!

My talented friend BreeAnna made this cute diaper cover and flower headband.  

We love the ruffle-bottom!

My sleepy little angel.


Jessie is so talented!  I don't normally love naked-baby pictures, I mean, Claire is adorable, but this set-up looks like it belongs in a calendar or something.  

If you want to see more of Jessie's work, her website is http://www.jessieonealphotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment