Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's a blog!

We have a blog!  Actually, I created this page more than 2 years ago because I thought I would have lots of interesting things to post about life and marriage.  Then I decided to go back to school... so not really.  But I'm repenting and changing my ways!

The main purpose of this blog is to avoid inundating our friends and casual acquaintances with thousands of baby pictures on Facebook as well as stories about parenthood.  We'll post a few pics there, but if you really want to see Miss Denney from every angle or hear about her sleeping habits- this page is the place.

Technically both Nick and I can post stuff- but we all know who will be doing most of it.

So welcome to our awesome blog!  And to start things off- here's Miss Denney's latest picture!

Yay!  There she is!  :)  Isn't she sweet?  I think she has Nick's mouth and my nose.  Poor kid... hopefully she doesn't have my breathing problems.  If you can't tell, that's her hand on the left side of the picture and I'm not sure what the black splotch is.

We had an ultrasound today because I have been "measuring big" for the last 10-12 weeks which could be an indication of rare but serious problems.  Thankfully, everything looks fine.  When the doctor measured us today, I measured normally and she's a bit small for her gestational age.  Doc says it's nothing to be worried about, but I do need to make sure I'm getting enough to eat and staying very hydrated.  I tried to tell him that I was barely 5 pounds when I was born, so it could be genetic, but whatever.  As long as she's healthy- It won't bother me if she's a bit small for her age.

I keep looking at that picture and thinking about how crazy it is that I'm going to be a mom in just a few weeks.  Somehow seeing her in 3D makes it a little more real for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment